Health & Education Pty Ltd (ABN 622 731 702) trading as Innovation Precincts (“IP“, “we“, “our” or “us“) is in the business of providing consultancy services. IP operates a website under the domain name www.iprecincts.com “Website“).
We recognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of the individuals we deal with in conducting our business.
- Engage us to provide you with our services;
- Contact us to enquire about our services; or
- Visit our Website.
How is personal information collected by IP?
IP generally collects personal information from you directly, for example when you:
- Contact us to enquire about our services, whether by phone or email, via an on-line enquiry, or in person;
- Engage us to provide you with our services;
- Negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property; or
- Provide your details to us at an auction or a property inspection.
We sometimes also collect personal information from other sources such as:
- Credit reporting agencies; and
- Publicly available sources of information.
We will take reasonable steps to notify you about our collection of your personal information, and will provide all relevant information prescribed under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will destroy or de-identify any personal information we receive if we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect that information under the Privacy Act.
What kinds of personal information are collected by IP?
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Your name;
- General contact information such as address, telephone, fax and email;
- Information about the property you are interested in selling, purchasing or leasing;
- Any queries you have, and our response to those queries; and
- Where relevant, financial information including bank account and credit card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, your employer and occupation details and title and mortgage details of any relevant property.
How is personal information used by IP?
We will use the personal information we collect from you to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as a commercial property consultancy service provider. This includes:
- Supplying our products and services to you;
- Responding to your queries;
- Marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities, including advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- Conducting credit checks; and
- Providing quality assurance for our services and monitoring the performance of our business.
How is personal information disclosed by IP?
We may disclose your personal information in the following ways which are indicative but not exhaustive:
- To media organisations, including on the internet, to existing or potential clients, property valuers, business valuers, to owners corporations, to government and statutory bodies, financial institutions, or financial products and services providers as examples;
- To the vendor of a property where you are a purchaser or a prospective purchaser;
- To potential tenants, to trades people and to other persons to whom we outsource functions of or incidental to acting for a client;
- To third party consultants who may from time to time manage our database or computer system;
- To a purchaser of all or part of our business operations; and
- Other disclosures incidental to our carrying out our business as a consultancy service provider.
IP will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, except as otherwise required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We do not disclose personal information to any recipients located outside Australia except as required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
Does IP use personal information for direct marketing communications?
We may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our services and business.
We will comply with our obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in relation to such direct marketing communications.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
How does IP store personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We store personal information we collect on secure servers and/or in hardcopy records stored in secure access facilities. We require our employees and contractors to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
How can I access, change or delete IP's records of my personal information?
You may request access to our records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below. We will generally make your information available to you within 14 days of receiving your request. However, we may require you to pay a reasonable charge for access. We also reserve the right to refuse you access to your information in certain circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
IP will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
If you wish to update your personal information, please contact IP using the details set out below to request an amendment to your record. Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is not accurate or up-to-date, we will take all steps necessary to amend it.
Changes to the IP Policy
How can I make a query or complaint about privacy?
- Write to us at:
Suite 1.01 / 354 Toorong Road
GLEN IRIS VIC 3146
- Telephone us on +613 9811 5111; or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IP takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and instigate internal procedures to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.